RULES AND REGULATIONS
Upon arrival at Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre, please ensure you register at the registration table.
Refund Policy: Competitors are not entitled to any refund of fee or transfer of fees in case of non- appearance in any section whatsoever, change of mind or any other reason, by entering into the competition you agree that we are to provide an event that is a dance competition where you are judged by a judge and given an award if deemed fit.
Dancers must always be ready to perform 45 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
All entries are to report backstage to the ‘Take the Stage’ stage Manager at the beginning of the section entered.
All entries will perform in the order they are scheduled. If for any reason a routine must perform out of order, it must be approved by a Take the Stage director and it must be performed before the end of its category. If this is not done, the dancer will only receive a score and not be eligible for placement or overalls.
Please notify the stage manager of any holds needed.
Dancers may not compete against themselves in any performance style and category. (Eg: If a performer has two Jazz Solo's they may only compete the second routine in the next age division up). Only groups are granted the exception of dancing in the same category on the condition that 50% of the dancers are not the same.
Second performance attempts will only be granted if time is permitting.
Any entry in any age group and/or style, displaying suggestive and/or inappropriate content will be disqualified. We will strive to keep its competition family friendly.
For safety reasons, with the exception of rosin, the use of baby powder and other agents is not tolerated.
Please be advised that studios will be held responsible for any damages to theatre change rooms. Any personal belongings, costumes or dance apparel left behind at the competition will not be the responsibility of Take the Stage.
Judges critique sheets will be available to collect from the Registration desk upon the completion of Section.
All decisions of the adjudicator must be accepted as final subject to clause.
Communication with the adjudicator is strictly prohibited. The committee reserves the right to disqualify any person from the competition, being dancers, teachers or other interested parties, from communication with the judge.
Any music not collected from the Stage Manager by the end of the competition will be discarded.
Props for entries may only be placed backstage during the adjudication prior to the upcoming scheduled dance session.
Competition is open to all dancers of all ages.
Teachers can dance in open age sections.
The Committee reserves the right to alter or amend the programme at any time.
Time limits will be strictly enforced: Solos: 3 mins max,
Duo/Trios: 4 mins max
Groups: 5 mins
A competitor’s age shall be recognised as at the 1st Jan 2021
The Committee reserves the right, if there are insufficient entries in any sections to join classes with next age of same section.
Photography and videography is strictly prohibited during any session. No photographs to be taken in the dressing rooms.
Failure to comply will result in competitor involved being disqualified. Mobile phones must be turned off in the theatre.
Use of your own camera or video is not permitted. It is a condition of entry that you do not take photos or video in the audience.
A group is to consist of no less than 5 members. Competitors perform at own risk.
Competitors are permitted to dance up age groups in solos, duos and troupes so long as the dance is not repeated in the competition.
Highest points Award for each age group is given per dance not accumulated per dance. Knee pads must be worn if any drop to the knee occurs.
Tights must be worn with every costume where the costume is a high cut leotard or tutu. Music must be on a USB, however CD, Ipad/Ipod connectivity will be available if necessary.
Your USB must be clearly labeled.
Enter online at www.comps-online.com.au
By entering our competition you are giving permission to be on social media please speak to us if you have concerns or issues with this.
PARENTS’ CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Applaud all dancers on the stage.
- 2. Accept decisions of the judges are how they see it on the day.
3. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person.
- 4. Show appreciation for volunteers, officials and those involved in the competition.
- 5. Keep children in your care in eyes view and in the theatre please teach them theatre etiquette, eg: do not enter theatre until stage is clear and the music has stopped.
- 6. Always respect the use of facilities and leave the theatre and dressing rooms clean and tidy.
- 7. Encourage your children to participate for their own interest and enjoyment, not yours.
- 8. Teach children that an honest effort is always as important as a victory.
- 9. Focus on developing skills and improvement each performance
DANCE STUDENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Be polite, courteous and respectful to my fellow competitors
2. Treat all others as I like to be treated,
3. Respect the theatre and change rooms ,
4. If you do not have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
5. I will respect the judges decision as fair on the day and how they saw it at the moment .